Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lovingly meeting God

Prayer is the activity especially intended for making fervent acts of charity. During prayer the soul lovingly meets with God. A soul that loves God does so with a pure heart; a heart that loves Him so much that it seeks only after His glory and His will. The prayer of a soul that loves God forgets itself and is ready to sacrifice every wish for Him. Its love grows stronger and will continue to grow as it performs all its actions with a whole heart and with all of its capacity for goodwill. A soul devoted to loving God has made the one necessary resolution in prayer which is to be recollected. Only then is it able to give itself entirely to God.

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca,
    Your blog is very beautiful. I have been going through your site and I noticed how many posts you have on St. Teresa. She is my patron saint and I was born on her feast day. My daughter was born on the feast day of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
    I hope that my daughter will grow to appreciate St. Teresa as we do. She is only going into 1st grade but I have been teaching her about the saints since she could talk.

    ReplyDelete