1. Have a great esteem and desire for it.
2. Begin with your own interior; controlling your own interior powers.
3. Control the tongue. (James 3:5)
4. Don't be careless about order. Keep things orderly.
5. Bear the infirm tempers of others with kindness.
6. Manage your own evil temper. Be recollected
7. Overcome evil by doing good.
8. Keep your interior at peace.
9. Be patient with your own faults.
10. Remeber that all these trials, contradictions and sufferings are occasions for rejoicing because these will help you with detachment and help move you towards God!
(adapted from The Little Book of Humility and Patience by Archbishop Ullathorne)